Because of my move to Romania, I decided to postpone any big goal setting until I’m finally here. Packing, driving 3000 kilometers, unpacking, deregistering from Switzerland and registering in Romania all take unpredictable amounts of time, so I just thought about what goals I want and they will be my Martisor’ resolutions.
Most of the things will stay similar. For example, my get to 82 kg goal is still there, for a third year in a row. This time it will stick, I promise! But, now that I’m no longer at Google and I no longer have the “all your intellectual property belong to us” clause in my contract, I would like to start being more active in the open source community so I’ll add a goal about that.
- Weight watching
- First off, I have to get back to 82 kilograms. Second, I have to stay there. This thing is getting old, that I keep losing the weight, only to put it back. I want to lose 1 kg per month, so that by the end of the year I will be in the right shape.
- Exercise three times a week
- The same amount as before (I found that it worked fairly well for me), but I will extend the activities that count: given that I live in a house now, any house work that gets me sweating and I do it for more than 30 minutes counts. Of course, going to the gym, running, swimming and other traditional sporting activities are still valid.
- Juggle for 5 minutes every day
- I want to learn how to juggle, so I will start practicing for 5 minutes every day. Goal is to be able to juggle 4 balls for 1 minute.
- Read 20 books this year
- Write three blog posts a month
- Spend 2 hours per week studying German
- Given that I have learned German for three years and I got to an okay level, it would be nice to get a diploma to prove. I’ve finished A2 courses, so I would like to get to B1 level this year and take an exam in that.
- Two open source contributions per month
- There are a lot of cool open source projects, so I would try to contribute to them. Ideally, the contributions would be measured when they are accepted, but because things can get complicated quickly, I’ll accept writing 100 lines of code towards fixing an issue as well.
- Read 3 chapters from the Bible every day
- Memorize 1 Bible verse every week
- Sigh. Here we go again. However, this time I will apply a twist: I’ll try to get a group of friends from church to do this with me. Hopefully, learning in a group setting will help me with this goal.